Okay I am seriously sorry for not writing a journal for nearly a year and not submitting anything for far too long.
Due to that this journal is ridiculously long and full of me ranting (with reasoning) on the Sea of Monsters movie.
But continuing on there are several things that at this point, two days after the release of the movie Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters (movie) that must be stated or asked.
(Also the opinions expressed in this article are not meant to offend anyone. And if you were totally like "OMG this is the greatest movie ever and totally didn't make me have a fangirl(or guy) moment in which I felt that some giant superior being was giving me the finger" then you probably won't like my movie review and should just skip to be wishes/hopes/speculations for the upcoming House of Hades and beyond.)
Now to begin the long and not-so-difficult task of saying (possibly in question form) what I disliked about this film.
The first of the long list of criticisms definitely has to be "who wrote the script?" because as a starting point I believe that many of the lines were poorly written and a huge number of things were changed from the original book.
Here's a list of things the were obviously changed:
1. Annabeth was a dumb blonde.
2. The great prophecy was revealed. (three books early!!!)
3. The great prophecy's wording/meaning was altered. 16 years is now somehow 20 and some stuff beyond that most obvious bit.
4. Chris Rodriguez, Silena Beauregaurd, and Ethen Nakamura were all revealed to be traitors, several books early.
5. There were no chariot races.
6. No mythological birds attacked.
7. Annabeth seemed way too attracted to Percy for book 2.
8. Nothing with the Sirens whatsoever.
9. Circe's island was completely messed up. (This current setup leads for Reyna's backstory to be completely destroyed).
10. Tyson doesn't die and then come back.
11. Annabeth doesn't die and come back.
12. Kronos does not fully form (even for a moment) at any time in any of the five books. And after Kronos eating Luke how do they expect Luke to still be loyal to him?
13. The whole "if you haven't had nectar, you haven't lived" bit.
14. What happened to the laestrygonian giants and the dodgeball bit and Tyson not being from Percy's school and such.
15. Two bulls not one.
16. Isn't Chiron supposed to be suspencted of poisoning the tree and later take Percy and Annabeth back to Camp Half-Blood after some stuff with the Party Ponies?
17. Grover wants to go on a quest for the golden fleece.
18. No Percy the guinea pig. Why?
19. No Hydra scene.
20. Percy doesn't keep saying "I know this sounds crazy but...".
21. Not a single person was wearing a Camp Half-Blood shirt.
(I'm going to stop here because this list continue for a very long time)
Now I'm not blaming this all on the writers. This film was produced by Disney and therefore Disney and the director also deserve some of the credit for what happened to this movie.
My second point beyond all the script changes and things that were blatantly out there and such is the acting and the casting.
In my personal opinion only two characters were well acted. They were Luke (Jake Abel) and Mr. D (Stanley Tucci).
Everything else was either not great, below average, or utterly and totally horrible.
I'm also going to blame a bit more than just the actors for this one. The casting directors had so problems too. (Here's a list of people who I think were just plain the wrong people to cast, who could have even been helped by a better script). (I'm not going to give explanations for these because I think most, if not all are self explanatory.)
1. Annabeth (Alexandria Deddario)
2. Clarisse (Leven Rambin, aka Glimmer)
(this is where I stop because these were just such bad picks.)
And of course I know that not all of this was the casting directors fault, the actual director and Disney probably had something to do with it as well.
Now I'm going to talk about what I DID like:
The CGI (special effects, computer generated images) were fantastic or at least above average.
Alright-y then, on to what I hope for the Titan's Curse movie (to start) is:
1. Good casting for Nico and such.
2. A good script.
3. And some Camp Half-Blood t-shirts for the love of the gods.
Also seeing as the date in which this was written is officially one day after the two months to House of Hades mark, and everything before this has been lists and hopes and ranting here are my speculation's and such for House of Hades.
Speculations and Their Reasoning:
1. Either Percy, Annabeth, or both will have a POV because if they didn't, how would we understand their experience in Tartarus that was promised to us when Rick ended MoA in a massive cliffhanger that left millions of fans wishing to show up at his door with a pitchfork and torch (or celestial bronze/celestial gold sharp weapon and flashlight if you're really getting into the spirit.)
2. Nico's might get a POV. The reasoning for this is just that this book is entitled "the House of Hades" and he is, in fact the son of Hades and if you put two and two together the logic works.
3. A possible cliffhanger at the end of this may be Gaea waking up or something of the like due to the fact that at least one more book beyond House of Hades has to be written to finish the sequence.
4. Another possible POV could in fact be Reyna herself. In MoA the Romans were advancing to Camp Half-Blood with the intent of possibly destroying it. Also the reason why Reyna would have a POV and not Octavian would be that she connects far more to the seven and Octavian doesn't at all (unless you cling to some feeling like "maybe he's not as bad as he seems" or him maybe meeting Rachel and that turning into a slightly more popular ship)
5. Another possible cliffhanger is something to do with the imminent battle of Greek demigods vs. Roman demigods at CHB. (Reasoning already explained in 4).
(6. The gut feeling thing where you just have that feeling that somehow, some character you absolutely adore and think "no he couldn't kill them off" may get killed off. Reasoning: The Hunger Games: Finnick and Prim; Harry Potter: Fred Weasley, Sirius, Tonks, Lupin, etc.)
1. Tratie (no more need be typed).
2. More old characters returning.
3. Something romanc-y for Dakota (that guy who's addicted to Kool-Aid).
4. Something nice and happy for Nico.
5. Leyna even though it's impossible to be written into this book because at this point they barely know each other.
6. No cliffhanger!!!
Well that's pretty much it.
I feel like updating my gallery a bit so if you have any suggestions for pencil sketches and such please comment.
Bye for now